Monday, August 11, 2008

Haiku #01: Thanks x

hai·ku n. pl. haiku also hai·kus: 1. a major form of Japanese verse, written in 17 syllables divided into 3 lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons. 2. A poem written in this form.
---<--@

IN APPRECIATION
for this gift and in recognition of our shared humanity, I stand in solidarity with the Japanese people in their eternal remembrance of the names of those who perished in Hiroshima and Nagasaki; those whose immortal hopes stir within their nation together with all of us who remember with them, our one common hope that wills to see an end to all nuclear weaponry.
---<--@

Some say I am inclined to use so much words to describe something that seem so simple. What they do not know that I haven't told anyone hitherto is that it is sometimes quite difficult to put some of these things into words because I have to make up those words to describe something in my soul that initially have no words to describe them. Try to describe something beautiful that you feel strongly about or share something true that you intimately perceive in the love of your heart and you will understand what I am saying.

Nevertheless, I do see the challenge that is implied in their opinion.

Therefore, in this series of haiku, I have resolved to use as less words as possible without ever compromising on the meaningfulness of some of the things particularly relevant to the theme of this weblog.

My particular series of haiku will follow the traditional Japanese syllabic measure arranged in definite sets I have personally created for myself:

Introduce
5-7-5 - Ask Question
5-7-5 - Answer
3-3 - Conclude

Hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed writing them.
---<--@

Haiku #01

Thanks.

Annelies Marie
You are free to be, my dear
Why did you choose me?

My darling Miyang
O never mind that question!
I am and you are

That is all.
That is all.
---<--@

You may if you feel like it, try to write your own haiku as well, at the very least, it's a good exercise of self-expression. Just follow the basic 5-7-5 pattern and you're set, my good friend.

Peace and Godpseed!

Sancta Sanctis!

Glory to God in the highest
Adoration to Jesus Christ
Peace to men of good will.

No comments: