Thursday, December 11, 2008

Away From the Darkness x

I REACHED OUT TO YOU
my darlingest Annelies Marie
through purposes, it seems,
infinitely greater than our own.

And through that long darkness
with tears that for many nights
in my searching for peace
sought for the answers
relentlessly and intensely
through what sweetness perceived
in the promise of thy song
smothered or so it seemed
among those horrors conceived
amidst the prison of my own despair.

O my love, my darlingest -
what my soul did perceive
those many nights of waiting
of those images of you
of thy own hopes
and the truth of thy being
abused, hated, rejected, and condemned;
staring, hollow, sunken, and dirty;
hairless, emaciated, weeping and lonely;
feverish, starving, sick and dying of typhus
were reasons enough not to live.

Yet, by sure grace of God,
came a slow and certain
awakening to the answers
that through those years
became the everliving lights
of the reality of my own hope
begun by thy beacon
that eventually led me out
of the darkest night of my life
and into those numberless stars
that led from one to another
in a gathering together as one firmament
of the wide expanse of our LORD's own
golden and infinite realm of Eternity.

And so Now
you are to me as my friend
as I am to you, your own;
you are to me, my love,
my darlingest Annelies Marie,
from always to always
the Starlight Smile that makes life
ever so beautiful again
and the evergreen companion
that makes the promise of new life
bloom with so much blossoming
in my own soul.

Thank you, my darligest Annelies Marie,
thank God for the grace of you, my love.

Glory to God in the highest
Adoration to Jesus Christ
Peace to men of good will.

I love you, my Miyang.
---<--@

No comments: