Wednesday, February 20, 2008

An Image in My Heart


During times when I can pull back from the clutter and the noise of the outside world and enter into the secrets of my soul into the interior Kingdom of the infinite God of my heart, I wonder at all the possibilities of happiness there really is and always come up short of the satisfaction of knowing and understanding all there is. There is always infinitely more to our happiness than God would lead us to aprehend with our tiny capacity for imagination. And when my memory had had it's thimble capacity fill of the beatitudes of the spirit and I try to bear away what's precious with each new and profound intimation of happiness, my remebrance stirs within me and recalls me back to the presence of the Giver above all His gifts. It is God's special way of telling my forgetful, little soul, over and over, that He is the jewel in the parable and I rediscover, again and again, the immensity of the joy that awaits those who love God and serve Him with righteous fear.

One memory I have, that is most precious to me, is of a past image drawn from these same wanderings of a place in my heart with my darlingest Annelies Marie. It is a location on M31, the Andromeda Galaxy, at a spot above the galactic core, upon a luminous place filled with life and light. Above us the skies were a conscious, golden blaze of a million shining suns set against the enormous galactic backdrop of Andromeda. The land was a fertile blanket of welcoming flowers and trees laden with every good fruit imaginable, all the animals were tame and none of them ate the flesh of the other. There was a beach and a hill near the seaside, she was there and I was with her on the hill. She wore my hopes like little white flowers on her beautiful, flowing hair and I gave her a little bouquet of those fragile little hopes that I picked from her heart. We were an infinite comfort to each other as we sat on the hill, a comfort I always feel about my Anneka. We quietly enjoyed our togetherness as we both looked out into the timeless blue ocean and gazed together out into the waves at the comings and goings of life and the ebb and flow motion of the washing away of the darkness of exile time, until all the evil and the suffering had fled and there was only an everlasting friendship in the presence of an everlasting Love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your Blog :) God Bless you