Sunday, November 16, 2008

O My Jesus

O MY JESUS,
You are so good to me -
countless are the blessings
that You have showered upon me
so numerous are Your gifts, dear Lord,
that my heart can not hold them all
nor can my mind apprehend the fullness
of all the good graces You deign to provide.

O most loving Lord,
what am I that You should love me?
But You have called me, O Christ,
and so I am here, weeping and hoping,
I am a sinner and You are my Savior,
no longer do I question why I must follow
I have tasted Your water, and I pine
I have awakened to Your salvation, and I need.

O my Jesus,
have mercy on me, a sinner -
I weep because You have given me tears
for You have placed in my heart, O Christ,
a love that stirs in my soul
a constant remembrance of my sins
and so I weep, dear Savior,
these tears that keep me salty
and I hope with Your hope, my All,
until I offend You no more.
---<--@

No comments: