Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Can You?

Home and possessions are an inheritance from parents, but a prudent wife is from the LORD.

Proverbs 19: 14
---<--@

CAN YOU ACCEPT ME

for the being that I am
human and imperfect
an unfinished work
so full of uncertainties
and vexed by so much evil?
Can you live with me
falling neither behind
nor moving to the front
but just right beside me
being right beside me?
Can you fall in love
and never doubt it?
Can you give yourself
without running out?
Can you bear my hope
and trust me with yours?
Can you keep my secrets
and betray me your own?
Can you cry with me
when tears seem unwilling?
Can you laugh with me
even during the bad times
and be a good friend to me
when good friends are rare?
Can you speak your mind to me
and can you listen to mine?
Can our hearts guide each other
even in the darkest of night?
Can you fall out of love
and begin to apply yourself
to the cause of our togetherness
being willing to suffer with me
the many concerns of real love?
Can you say "forever" with me
and really mean it to last?
Can you believe in my love
even when belief require faith?
Can you believe in your love
even when problems overwhelm?
Can you accept my wrongs
without bowing down to them?
Can you disagree with my opinions
without judgment, without fear?
Can you encourage me ever onward
only through the will of our love
without leading, without pushing?
Can you remain faithful to our love
even when our love seem distant
and even when our love hurts us
to fully awaken us to each other
and make us ready for life
a life lived together as one?
Can you be a wife to me
and be mother to our children?
Can you seal wedlock vows with me
and live to fulfill our oaths?
Can you be a partner to me
and begin to grow old with me
without ever losing our youth
and forgetting the times and places
that were visited by our love?
Can you raise our kids with me
until our work here is complete?
Can you bear those long years
of our bittersweet family living
and still remain sweet as yourself?
Can you thank our LORD with me
for the grace of each other
and can you endure death with me
without parting with our love?
Can you keep me complete in you
even when you have already moved on?
Can you remain true to our memory
that life shall forever prevail?
Can you still find my own heart
when forever comes around once more?
For my darling, I will find you.
Because I have always loved you:
I have love you since forever.

---<--@ for old flames and the hope of new ones, cheers!

Sancta Sanctis!

Glory to God in the highest
Adoration to Jesus Christ
Peace to men of good will.

No comments: