Tuesday, February 03, 2009

On the Nature of our Society in Heaven II

HIS MOTHER AND HIS BROTHERS ARRIVED. Standing outside they sent word to him and called him.

A crowd seated around him told him, "Your mother and your brothers (and your sisters) are outside asking for you."

But he said to them in reply, "Who are my mother and (my) brothers?"

And looking around at those seated in the circle he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers.

(For) whoever DOES the will of God is my brother and sister and mother."

Mark 3: 31-35

I capitalized "DOES" to put emphasis on the fact that God's will is a verb not a noun.
---<--@

THIS WAS THE GOSPEL some days ago and in my heart, this is how it means:

The intensity of our relationships in heaven and at the beginning of all things new do not have human equivalents. We shall be as the angels whose love for each other is more than what we can conceive while we are yet where we are. It is a joy that I am so happy and thankful to be blessed to feel with my darlingest Annelies Marie when I say that my love for her is more than a wife, a sister or a friend.

It is the kind of friendships we must each desire and aim for in heaven with each other and with all persons of good will, seen and unseen, amidst our capacities within our own particular states of life in this world that we may see nothing as disposable when it comes to life and to love.

So for those who constantly worry what will happen to our love for our loved ones who have passed away into eternity in the friendship of God, I can say this - "do not be afraid".

Weep for loneliness but never for sorrow, pray Godspeed for their safe passage, for if they are good and have remained so, they would have been lifted up from the void as the wings of the love that they have shared with us take them swiftly into the Heart of a God Who is Love Himself and like a fire is fed into an undying, unchanging, and infinitely bright flame, they are sublimely transformed into something that is ultimately meant for our everlasting joy.

Verily, my beloved friend and constant companion, they would recognize us perfectly and we would recognize them perfectly in light of our perfect God.
---<--@

Prosper the Peace. Prosper the People.

Sancta Sanctis!

Glory to God in the highest
Adoration to Jesus Christ
Peace to men of good will.

No comments: