Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Evangelization

"The essence of evangelization is simply to say to people, 'Jesus loves you'."
- Mother Angelica, EWTN Foundress

Here's a text message I composed which is NOT a chain letter. I never believed in chain letters, no matter how poignant, no matter how pious - in my own opinion, these chain letters seems to propagate itself by feeding on either guilt, sympathy or superstition. I do love, however, those well-meaning people who send them. Well, here's something very, very different:

Jesus loves you,
Beloved of God,
Jesus loves you!
O Christian soul, rejoice!
Christ has paid the ransom
for the sins of mankind.
Let us all come to Him
and live forever.

This is a personal message for you
From your most loving Lord Jesus Christ
DO NOT pass it on.
Just keep it always in your heart.

The only message I want to propagate is God's love and the means by which I want to use to propagate God's love is through the evangelizing Light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Word of God.

It is also out of a spirit of divine love and not out of fear, sympathy or superstition that I want people to believe in and talk about the truths contained in two of the most profound mysteries of the Roman Catholic Faith: the Trinity and the Incarnation of Christ. Both of these mysteries have One Love as it's source and summit. Therefore, both of these mysteries, I hope, will be the unifying focus of my life's work.

I want to speak about Christ as He is active in my life and as I see His work in the lives of other people. Most especially, Christ as He is active in the life, culture and national awareness of our Christian citizenry in our common endeavor of Country. Basically, I pray that God would one day use me specifically to bring to bear the potent message of His Love particularly to the Filipino endeavor of Country, to bring peace, justice, equality, happiness, opportunity and prosperity to my one nation.

So, beloved brothers and sisters, why do we evangelize? Because God is not loved enough. Why the Trinity? Because there is no other Life. Why God? Because there is no other Love. Why Jesus Christ? Because there is no other Light. Why you or why me? Because God wills it and if we don't do it, however great or small, it will be missing forever.

Glory to God in the highest
Adoration to Jesus Christ
Peace to men of good will.

No comments: