Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Post-Confession Meditation

"Eternal Father, send forth Your Holy Spirit deep into our hearts that we may serve You with chaste bodies and please You with pure minds".

- Father Keenan, CSSR - my confessor
at Shrine of our Lady of Perpetual Help
Baclaran, Philippines

Bless Your Holy Name, O Lord! Thank you for the grace of a good confession today. You are truly a good God! It has been a while since my last confession (second week of December) and much has happened. I can not wait to receive You once again Body and Blood in the Holy Eucharist. Thank you O Holy Spirit for Your presence in my life without which I would be left helpless and alone and in total darkness. It is Your Light, O Lord and Giver of Life, O sweet Guest of my soul, that shine in my darkness without which I would never know light. O gentle Master, thank you for Your tender mercies! O Holy Spirit, help me to bend to Your will for me, Help me to be docile to Your inspirations and to walk with a heart full of hope in Jesus Christ, my Lord and my God Who with You and the Father Almighty reign forever in heaven and on earth as one God forever and ever.

AMEN.

A Post-Confession Meditation

Lord, You do not ask for much from me. Just a little self-control, just a little inward mortification of the heart and discipline over the senses. O Master, my one and only Master, You know what's in my heart. You know me better than I can ever know myself. Please do not forsake the work of Your hands. Forgive me for all the trouble, offense, hurt, dishonor and humiliations that I have caused You, Your Immaculate Mother, Your holy angels and your venerable Saints over the years of my miserable life. Thank you, Lord, for the sacrament of confession and for the grace that it confers upon my soul. I am glad, O Lord, that we can be reconciled today in friendship through Your sacrament of confession without which I would be left helpless. O Lord, You know how and when to deliver me from temptations, so please let my trust in you grow - let my hope in you allow me to be able share with You Your own strength and fidelity that I may be able to overcome the sins which always threaten my soul and challenge my love for You. It is in You that I should put all my hope, O my most loving Jesus, all of my life. O Holy Spirit, sweet Guest of my soul, You know when and how to deliver me from all trials and tribulations so please be with me today and for always. So please help me, O Lord, my God and Father of mercies, You are my only help.

AMEN.
---<--@

A Prayer for Love of God

O great Lord of Heaven and earth,
infinite good and majesty,
You who have loved men
so tenderly,
how is it that You are despised
by so many human beings?
You have loved me
in a special manner
and have bestowed
Your wonderful graces on me.
Yet I, too, have despised You
by every sin through which
I have turned against Your law.
I resolve this day to love You
with my whole heart and to love
nothing unless it can be loved
in You.
Grant me this gift of love:
A fervent love that will make me
reject
the appeal of sinful creatures;
a strong
love that will make me
conquer all
difficulties to please you; a
persevering
love that will never be dissolved.

AMEN.

- The Catholic's Guide

No comments: