Sunday, December 02, 2007

An Ode to the Beloved

to you who inhabit my heart and mind --

Like a flower deep in the forest
that no one was meant to see
God made you beautiful as you are
to uplift and inspire the heart
of a lonely traveler such as me

Your presence caught me
between two worlds, you held me
your spirit lifted my soul to the sky
as here on earth you caught my eye
even as time stood still by and by

You are a reflection of Divine beauty
that quicken my heart to it's destiny
you are a light amidst the darkness
shining with joy inside my memory
that rouses my mind to such clarity

You are strength for the wanderer
a beacon to light my way back home
beautiful amidst the desolation of life
a giver of peace to this pilgrim soul
you are the end to my every strife

Beloved, indeed, you are precious
like a treasure, secret and hidden
you give reason to hope above hope
beyond every limit, you beckon me
to burn for love of you for all eternity

Life is a journey we all make --
an uncertain passage through time
but I will walk with you, my beloved
world upon world, never to leave thee
for I will be what you became to me

- EJ San Miguel

No comments: