Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hosea

This is one of my favorite Catholic Hymns. It's about repentance, something I know so very well.

Come back to me with all your heart.
Don't let fear keep us apart.

Trees will bend though straight and tall.
So must we to each other's call.

Chorus:
Long have I waited for your
coming home to me and
living deeply our new life.

The wilderness will lead you
to your heart where I will speak.

Integrity and justice
with tenderness you shall know.

Chorus.

You shall see security,
faithfulness will be your joy.

Chorus.

I love this hymn. Most especially the last part - "faithfulness will be your joy".

This hymn also speaks volumes about the Christian faith, that our faith is not just about rules and common ideals; our faith is not simply a human accord - it is a covenant. Our Christian faith is a real, living, breathing relationship that we, Christians, share with our one, triune God existing within the mystery of Himself. Our religion is our profound response to a most merciful God Who loved us first, even while we were still His enemies.

Glory to God in the highest
Adoration to Jesus Christ
Peace to all men of goodwill.

No comments: