Monday, June 29, 2009

Interior of Hope

I look back once again
at the waning of the long night
and the receding of the darkness
falling quickly behind me
into the distant past
and look forward
upon yonder wide horizons
into my dream of happiness
rising to meet me
on my way
joyfully ahead
eastward into my soul
even amidst the barren landscape
strewn with empty shells
of forlorn and broken things
across the long march of exile time
with the unmade grace of kindly wings
that bear my thankfulness high
towards that great mountain within
and the summit of my remembrance
beneath a multitude of living lights
amidst the eternal blue of my native sky
at the abode of my heart
where I dwell with my eternal beloved
in love with my love
deep in the sanctuary of our faith
in friendships made forever
at peace with my peace
and in my every waking dream
when the night seems long
I look ahead once again
and walk the eastward way
deep into the breaking of dawn
away from the darkness of my past
forever, forever into the morn
far into the unfolding of my life.
---<--@

No comments: